Posts Tagged Americans
Americans, listen up… your President is
spamming tweeting reaching out to you...
President Obama opened the Twitter floodgates today in an effort to rally support for his bid to pressure Congress to get it together and solve the debt ceiling
crisis adventure. The President’s staff tweeted out the Twitter names of all US Republican Congressional representatives – all of them – one by one – to everyone who follows the President. This regardless of the Representative‘s state of residence. So, the lucky recipients got LOTS of addresses that had no relationship whatsoever to their state’s representative. Cool!
Tech savvy Americans responded heartily to the President’s reach-out by bailing on him. 37,000 so far (still counting…) have pulled the plug on the President’s Twitter account.
Meanwhile, back in the House, Nancy Pelosi quoted Dreadmonger’s post from this past Friday, July 22. 2011, declaring an “end to life as we know it on Planet earth.” She once again made crazy eyes to all the cell phone cameras in the House chamber as an added treat for her Congressional colleagues.
- Barack Obama Twitter Spams The Nation, Loses 10,000 Followers And Counting (mediaite.com)
- President Obama takes to Twitter over debt ceiling standoff (digitaltrends.com)
- The president’s tweets (whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com)
- President Barack Obama and Staff Use Twitter for #Compromise Campaign (blogworld.com)
- NANCY PELOSI: THE WORLD ENDS ON AUG. 2nd (weeklyworldnews.com)