Posts Tagged David Plouffe
(Dreadmonger – Zucotti Park – NY) Occupy Wall Street has gained the support of several key interest groups in the past week and it looks as if the Obama Administration is starting to take notice.
Just some of the groups who have announced their support of the movement in recent days:
American Nazi Party (ANP)
Communist Party USA (CPU)
Senator Russ Feingold
Mohammad Ezzeldin, Egyptian Protest Advocate
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi
Van Jones, the Obama Administrations former “Green Jobs Czar”
Congressman Barney Frank (D-NY)
Jim Lane, leader of the Communist Party USA
Iran Mullah Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei
Speaking of the protest movement, Senior White House Advisor, and head of President Obama’s re-election campaign, David Plouffe recently told Washington Post reporters, “We intend to make it one of the central elements of the campaign next year.”
Vice President Joe Biden, speaking of Occupy Wall Street, said, “The American people do not think the system is fair or on the level.”
President Obama himself has said of the movement, “I think it expresses the frustrations the American people feel, that we had the biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression, huge collateral damage all throughout the country … and yet you’re still seeing some of the same folks who acted irresponsibly trying to fight efforts to crack down on the abusive practices that got us into this in the first place…”
President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela, still recovering from a recent surgery, recently addressed the demonstrators via Venezuela State TV. In response to President Chavez’s message, crowds at the New York protests erupted with cheers of joy, raising a giant hammer and sickle in victory. President Chavez said, “This movement of popular outrage is expanding to 10 cities and the repression is horrible, I don’t know how many are in prison now.”
As the movement gains momentum, it is attracting celebrity activists. Kanye West , Michael Moore, Roseanne Barr, Tim Robbins, and Al Sharpton were among those who took time out to visit with protesters in Zucotti Park.
As the president continues his bus tour of North Carolina and Virgina, he is subject to criticism about his credibility on the issue of Wall Street. “The president is vacuuming money out of Wall Street,” said North Carolina GOP chairman Robin Hayes. Hayes made reference to the president’s campaign fund-raising machine which continues to receive millions of dollars from financial firms.
Virginia GOP chairman Pat Mullins added, “You’ve got to wonder why any leader of the free world would condone this kind of thing or even encourage it,” he said, noting that protesters continued to clash with New York policemen daily.
Dreadmonger will provide updates as the story develops.
- Politicians React To Occupy Wall Street Movement (huffingtonpost.com)
- Nazi and Communist Parties Back Occupy Wall Street Protesters (inquisitr.com)
- Pat Robertson: President Obama Is Inciting Occupy Wall Street Protestors To ‘Revolt’ (mediaite.com)
- Should Obama Endorse Occupy Wall Street? (usnews.com)
Those are harsh words James. The Democratic strategist, in an opinion piece today for CNN, offered his prescription to President Obama for turning around the flagging performance of the Democrats in light of this week’s election results in New York and Nevada. Carville spoke with his usual candor, ratcheted up a notch.
Carville’s four point plan:
1) Fire somebody! Just look around you, lots of folks to choose from here. Jarrett, Holder, Geithner, take your pick. Nobody will miss them, and you’ll be cheered. Maybe even given a ticker tape parade.
2) Arrest somebody! Start with this Solyndra deal. What a cluster that one was! Surely there is some DOE or OMB honcho you can tag for this one. If not, go with Biden. He’s a joke anyhow and that frees up a valuable, wasted slot on the VP ticket.
3) Re-hire someone you fired, fire them again, and then arrest them. Make a spectacle of it. The Romans had it figured out with the Colliseum. They recognized that people love blood and spectacle. Give it to them and then, give them some more.
4) Punch somebody in the face! Not literally, of course, but figuratively. Humiliate somebody brutally and in public. I would think a Plouffe or an Axelrod would be good here. And, of course, Robert Gibbs. Everybody in the whole country hates that guy. You could sell tickets for that one. Sell out an arena. No, wait, you want to sell out an arena, make fun of Paul Krugman. You could make that guy cry, easy.
Carville said his plan was designed to protect the nation from “these creationism-loving, global-warming-denying, immigration-bashing, Social-Security-cutting, clean-air-hating, mortality-fascinated, Wall-Street-protecting Republicans”.
When asked what advice he would give the White House, Carville said, “One word comes to mind: Panic.”
Dreadmonger attempted to reach Mr. Carville to ask him what he really thinks. He has not yet returned our phone calls.