Posts Tagged Dreadmonger
Americans, listen up… your President is
spamming tweeting reaching out to you...
President Obama opened the Twitter floodgates today in an effort to rally support for his bid to pressure Congress to get it together and solve the debt ceiling
crisis adventure. The President’s staff tweeted out the Twitter names of all US Republican Congressional representatives – all of them – one by one – to everyone who follows the President. This regardless of the Representative‘s state of residence. So, the lucky recipients got LOTS of addresses that had no relationship whatsoever to their state’s representative. Cool!
Tech savvy Americans responded heartily to the President’s reach-out by bailing on him. 37,000 so far (still counting…) have pulled the plug on the President’s Twitter account.
Meanwhile, back in the House, Nancy Pelosi quoted Dreadmonger’s post from this past Friday, July 22. 2011, declaring an “end to life as we know it on Planet earth.” She once again made crazy eyes to all the cell phone cameras in the House chamber as an added treat for her Congressional colleagues.
- Barack Obama Twitter Spams The Nation, Loses 10,000 Followers And Counting (mediaite.com)
- President Obama takes to Twitter over debt ceiling standoff (digitaltrends.com)
- The president’s tweets (whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com)
- President Barack Obama and Staff Use Twitter for #Compromise Campaign (blogworld.com)
- NANCY PELOSI: THE WORLD ENDS ON AUG. 2nd (weeklyworldnews.com)
The CBS affiliate in Houston had some cheery news for its male viewers today highlighting those diseases that will, in due time, claim their lives. Dreads cited included:
High blood cholesterol is one of the major risk factors for heart disease.
If you have high blood pressure, you may need medication to control it.
Beginning at age 45 and through age 79, ask your doctor if you should take aspirin every day to help lower your risk of a heart attack.
Beginning at age 50 and through age 75, get tested for colorectal cancer.
Ask your doctor if you should be tested for prostate, lung, oral, skin, or other cancers.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Talk to your doctor to see whether you should be tested for gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, or other sexually transmitted diseases.
Your doctor may recommend screening for HIV if you:
- Have sex with men.
- Had unprotected sex with multiple partners.
- Have used injected drugs.
- Pay for sex or have sex partners who do.
- Have past or current sex partners who are infected with HIV.
- Are being treated for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Had a blood transfusion between 1978 and 1985.
If you have felt “down” or hopeless during the past 2 weeks or you have had little interest in doing things you usually enjoy, talk to your doctor about depression. .
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
If you are between the ages of 65 and 75 and have smoked 100 or more cigarettes in your lifetime, ask your doctor to screen you for an abdominal aortic aneurysm. This is an abnormally large or swollen blood vessel in your stomach that can burst without warning.
Diabetes, or high blood sugar, can cause problems with your heart, eyes, feet, kidneys, nerves, and other body parts.
Local TV news, delivering time-honored solutions to the discerning viewer: Prey for fear.
- Health Communications in Video (youthhealth20.com) (Check out the babe in the poster)